The 5 Day 3 Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the three highest peaks in the UK over 5 days - having a day of rest and leisure in between! These peaks are Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, we complete them in that order. This is a real holiday! The way to do it and really take in and enjoy the sights.
This trip allows us to really appreciate the mountains and magnificent scenery, and have a shower after the walks before enjoying a nice evening meal with a drink. It doesn't mean the walking is easy, as we still have to climb the same mountains, but the transport can be done on the 'rest days' and we also have a chance to have a look at Ambleside/Keswick and Betws Y Coed.
We meet on the Sunday afternoon and finish on the following Friday afternoon.
Even though this is a more relaxed timescale than the other 3 Peaks Challenge, this is a tough event and people participating should have the necessary fitness. We aim to complete each of the mountains within 6-8 hours; however this will depend upon the speed of the group.
The course is guided by qualified mountain leaders.
- Guiding by qualified mountain leaders
- Transport vehicle for between the peaks
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- You need to have a reasonable level of fitness
- We run this trip between May and October, however if you want to experience this during winter - just ask!
Think you are up to the challenge....
Join us and find out!
We normally run this trip from a Sunday to Friday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us.
A typical itinerary may look like this:
|Sunday||Meet up along the route and transfer to Fort William. Meet up locations will be finalised shortly before departure. Evening equipment check and briefing. Relaxing evening meal in preparation for the following days.|
|Monday||Start Ben Nevis after breakfast.|
|Tuesday||Transfer to Lake District|
|Thursday||Transfer to Snowdonia|
|Friday||Snowdon. Transfer to point of departure.|
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
View The Three Peaks Challenge in a larger map
To do this trip you need to have a reasonable level of fitness. Even though no previous mountaineering experience is required, these are tiring days and you will have to climb the three largest peaks in the UK.
We recommend that you follow a fitness plan in preparation for your challenge, an example of one will be sent to you when you have confirmed your booking.
Although the fitness plan we will send to you has been devised by a fitness professional, this is only provided as a guide and you should seek professional advice before starting your own fitness regime.
Dates - 2013
This trip is available for individuals and groups.
2013 dates so far:
|16-21 June||Good availability||Book now|
|20-25 July||Good availability||Book now|
|12-17 August||Good availability||Book now|
|15-20 September||Good availability||Book now|
You can request the date for when you want to take part in the trip by clicking on the link below. These will then be advertised here.
For 6-7 people on a trip we will advertise the trip here as a confirmed trip and reserve the right to add additional people on to it.
For 8+ people on a trip we will run an exclusive trip.
All requested dates are unconfirmed until minimum numbers have been booked.
Price & Inclusions
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the Challenge has finished.
- Five nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Completion certificate to prove you did it!
2013 price - £699pp